18 April 2013

Thank you!

This will be no regular post: I just want to say thank you! It turns out that this blog is having more than 200 visitors per day, and I am hugely flattered by your response within little more than a week of me actually making it public.

Anyone who writes anything holds the hope that people will read it. I am obviously no exception. It fills me with joy to see the number of readers go up by the day, and climb so incredibly fast far beyond anything I could possibly have imagined.

I have put a lot of effort into working out the intricacies of becoming a freelance translator for myself. I am also going out of my way to try to make my explanations straightforward, comprehensive and generally helpful to those following my footsteps along the same path. If the statistics are anything to go by, you appreciate that.

As those of your who have read my first posts or googled me will know, I am a journalist as well as a translator. So I find writing fun, and while I wouldn't dare say myself that I am good at it, I am certainly experienced.

The Word Assets blog started as a sort of experiment, something that could hopefully both improve my online presence as a translator and fill a gap I had encountered along the way. The Internet grants access to a lot of information, but attempting to find there the answers to the questions you actually have can be difficult, overwhelming and frustrating, so I thought I could make a contribution by helping direct other people's research.

The figures say I am doing well as I try to accomplish that mission, at least to the extent that many people are reading about my experience.

Personally, I am really enjoying this. Bringing together my passions for writing and languages with my constant search for ways to improve my translation business, and actually finding that people like what I write, is about as good as it can get.

For the process to be complete, however, it would be great if you as the readers could share with us more of your own experiences and doubts regarding freelance translation as a career. Please add your own thoughts! Your contributions could act as a multiplier to turn my educated thoughts on the subject of translation into a collective learning process that we could all benefit from.

I look forward to hearing more from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment